Coaching Young People For Success (CYPFS) is a powerful coaching program written by Life Business Consultancy Australia, and is being delivered in public, private schools and youth agencies across Australia and now in Canada and the USA. The Program is designed to enhance any existing career, transition, wellbeing, personal learning or support program and can be delivered to all students or target students at risk of becoming disengaged from school.
CYPFS includes FOUR COACHING MODULES that can be delivered as a stand alone program or together to form an extended coaching curriculum to assist each young person design an inspiring and personalised Life, Career and School Performance Pathway Plan from the inside out. Each Module incorporates the 5 steps of POWER Coaching which includes strategies from coaching and positive psychology that are proven to enhance motivation, build emotional skills and maximize successful goal attainment.
Pathway Plans can then be used for ongoing coaching and can be delivered in conjunction with a peer coaching skills program so young people can assist each other implement their plans on an ongoing basis.
1. Coaching Workshops (for groups up to 30 students)
Workshop 1. Career Coaching – My Life and Career Pathway Plan (approx. 3 hours)
Workshop 2. Life Coaching – Steps for My Life Success (approx. 3 hours)
Workshop 3. School Performance – My Top Performance Plan (senior students – 3 hours)
Workshop 4. School Performance – Steps for My School Success (junior students – 3 hours)
Workshop 5. Peer Coaching Skills Training (minimum 3 hours)
2. Extended CYPFS Coaching Programs
We can customise a program that combines all or some of the coaching modules and can include many extended coaching activities that could be delivered over several weeks of months in separate sessions. The Length and content of the Program can be tailored to meet your requirements.
3. One to one Coaching
About Module 1. Career Coaching – My Life and Career Pathway Plan
The Career Coaching Module goes beyond traditional “best fit career approaches to assist every young person design their own compelling Life and Career Pathway Plan that matches their vision, values and preferred lifestyle.
The CYPFS coach will take each young person on a journey of self-discovery through the 5 steps of POWER Coaching. With the assistance of a range of powerful coaching card sorts and a step-by-step power point presentation, they will complete a Who am I? – Personal Profile, connect to who they are, identify what life and career they could love and then be assisted to design a personal plan to get there.
Young People will :-
Step 1. Imagine Possibilities for their Life and Career – create a Vision
Step 2. Become Organised by designing a 1,5 & 10 year plan
Step 3. Develop Will-Power and the motivation to do what it takes
Step 4. Build Emotional Skills and identify who will support them
Step 5. Achieve Results by making an action plan to move forward
About Module 2. Life Coaching – Steps For My Life Success
The Life Coaching Module is a powerful future and action-oriented approach that will assist young people, build their emotional skills they need to enhance their personal performance and wellbeing in all areas of their life. Young people will be taken through a range of powerful coaching activities where they will design a “Steps for My Life success” personal action plan. The action plan can then act as a guide for any on going coaching sessions to fast track change, learning and action.
Young People will..
- Review their current life satisfaction and wellbeing
- Connect to how they would love their life to be
- Self assess their current physical health, emotional health, school performance, family, friends, finances, living environment and career development
- Identify key priority areas they want to work on using the Life Wheel.
- Understand the key emotional skills they will need to develop to make positive change
- Design a personalised step for my life success plan to move them forward
About Module 3. Performance Coaching – Junior and Senior Versions
– My Top Performance Plan (Yr 11-12 Senior Version)
The My TOP Performance Plan Module will assist every senior student design a tailored School Performance Pathway plan to MAXIMISE their success at school. Performance Coaching is a powerful approach to motivate young people to implement strategies that will take their own performance to a new level.
Young People will:-
- Learn the skills and habits of Top School Performers
- Review their current school performance
- Set their own school performance goals
- Complete a weekly schedule and get the balance right!
- Assess their level of motivation to make the effort
- Identify their personal performance blockers
- Design a TOP Performance Action Plan
– Steps for My School Success – (Year 7 -10’s Junior Version)
The Steps For My School Success Module is designed to motivate students in Year 7 – 10 to take responsibility for their own learning and maximise their performance at school. The Performance Workshop can be repeated at the beginning of each year. Worksheets will assist young people review and reset their own learning goals on a regular basis.
Young People will:-
- Identify how they want their school performance to be
- Complete a personal performance review over 10 key areas
- Complete a performance review of their current subjects
- Identify their key strengths and the priority areas they want to work on
- Assess their level of motivation to improve their performance
- Identify potential blockers to moving ahead
- Design action steps to improve their personal and subject performance
About Module 4. Peer Coaching Skills Training Module
We can train a group of peer coaches who have completed their own pathway plans to develop the skills they need to coach and support others in small groups or one to one. The Peer Coaching skills training module will assist young people learn the key coaching skills they need to be a good peer coach, they will learn the G.O.A.L coaching Conversation to keep each other on track to achieve their goals on an ongoing basis.
(The Program can range from 3 – 8 hours.)