Why Do I Need a Psychotherapist/Counsellor?
Why speak to a counsellor?
Counselling gives people the opportunity to explore their feelings, needs and difficulties in a confidential and supportive environment.
What can I expect?
- A secure, confidential & comfortable environment
- Wheel chair access
- Someone who will listen without prejudice or judgment
- Respect for your values and experience
- The opportunity to explore personal problems
- Support in making your own decisions, working towards personal growth
Who can we meet with?
- 1-1 (individuals)
- Young People
Counselling at CPA is strictly confidential.
Psychotherapists/Counsellors at CPA have completed at least 3 to 4 years training in counselling and are each experienced and personable.
Is CPA associated with a professional monitoring body?
Yes. In addition to our counselling training and experience, they each receive clinical supervision and personal therapy in accordance with the British Association for Counselling and Pyschotherapy Code of Ethics.
What can I expect as a client?
- Each session is 50 minutes
- Usually you will have one session per week
- The contract period can be short term, eight weeks or long term (this will be agreed between you and and your counsellor)
Fees are determined on an individual basis.